Vitiligo foods to avoid: what are they?
Let’s start by remembering that Vitiligo is a chronic dermatological disease.
One of the natural ways to counteract the onset or proliferation of Vitiligo is to eat healthily, getting as few chemicals into the body as possible.
Eating healthy means taking care of yourself and your health. But, in the case of some diseases, nutrition can help cure them. Obviously, nutrition is not enough. It must be accompanied by specialized medical care.
Let’s now look at vitiligo and nutrition in detail.
Vitiligo diet: recommended foods
Vitiligo can be kept under control through nutrition. Being a disease that affects the largest organ, the skin, it becomes essential to eat correctly, avoiding harmful and dangerous foods.
In fact, when you eat badly, your liver, kidneys and intestines get tired. This means that they are no longer able to eliminate the harmful waste that will therefore be accumulated in the outermost organ, namely the skin.
This buildup of bad waste can cause or worsen various types of skin diseases, including Vitiligo.
Vitiligo diet: what foods to eat then to keep skin healthy?
Let’s see them:
- melon, grapes, chickpeas block the proliferation of the disease
- green tea (one cup) and olive oil have beneficial effects on the skin due to their antioxidant power
- spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, zucchini, radicchio, chicory, lettuce, lettuce, celery, beets, asparagus, chard, radishes, pumpkin, cucumbers and peppers
- fruits such as mangoes, peaches, apples, melon, kiwis, bananas, figs, strawberries and watermelon
- meat, eggs, fish, soy, sunflower sprouts, legumes (lentils, broad beans and beans) as sources of protein
- salmon, nuts and avocado as sources of Omega 3 fatty acids
- foods rich in iron
- drink a lot of water
- hazelnuts, pine nuts, dates and almonds
Vitiligo Diet Food: Foods to Avoid
Vitiligo foods to avoid: in this paragraph we will see what they are.
There are in fact some foods that can cause vitiligo to worsen. Here’s what they are:
- acidic foods
- dairy products (milk and dairy products)
- coffee and alcohol
- cereals containing gluten
- fried foods are to be reduced
- ready and preserved seasonings
- tomatoes, white aubergines, paprika and potatoes
- fast food
- sugary drinks
- chilli pepper
- pomegranate, cherries, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and citrus fruits
Here is our article “Vitiligo diet food“. If you need a consultation or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.